Hello, guitar builder! ✋
Playing a guitar you have put together yourself is one of the most satisfying things you can do.
How to build a DIY guitar
To get started with your DIY journey watch this short video to learn what to expect while building your own guitar.
Take The Quiz
Want us to recommend you kits and tutorials for your DIY project? Take this 2-question quiz to find out instantly which guitar kits and tutorials are right for your DIY project!
We've a range of tutorials to assist you with guitar kit assembly, finishing and final setup. If you're a first-time builder, we recommend to read the following tutorials first:
Electric Guitars 101
- How Do Electric Guitars Work
- Guitar Pickups Explained & Pickups for DIY Guitar Kits
- DIY Guitar Kit Bridges and Tailpieces
- Electric Guitar Reviews
Choose a kit for your DIY project
- Beginner Friendly Guitar Kits
- Guitar Kit Styles For Musical Genres
- Neck Profiles for Large & Small Hands
- Guitar Tonewoods: How they affect Tone and Playability
Finishing, assembly, wiring and final setup tutorials
- How to Assemble an Electric Guitar Kit
- DIY kit Assembly Manuals & Video Tutorials 📽️
- Luthier Tools for DIY Guitar Kits
- Common Mistakes to Avoid
- Electric Guitar Wiring
- Guitar Finishing 101
- Guitar Finishing Safety Tips
You can find more tutorials from the following resources sections
With the right tools and resources, there’s nothing that can’t be done - all it takes is a little determination!
If you have any additional questions please let us know.
Guitar Kit World Team
LAST UPDATE: July 21, 2023